Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SUMMER IN SEOUL: DAY 2 - CAPICAPILOOMLOOM / RILAKKUMA CAFE


Day 1 here

I extended my checkout time till 12nn and paid an extra 10,000won for that. Itinerary for Day 2 was:

Hongdae > Sungshin Women's Uni > Apgujeong > SNU dorm

I only walked around Hongdae for awhile before I made my way to Sungshin Women's University station. If you don't already know, there is a Rilakkuma Cafe at Sungshin Women's Uni, called 카피카피룸룸 카페(Capi Capi Loom Loom Cafe). Needless to say, I couldn't find the cafe!! The GPS in me can go die. 



Tired and hungry, I chose the nearest cafe I could see. Cafe Greenwich, for lunch. 


Chicken club sandwich & hot caramel macchiato. I don't know if it's just me but the caramel macchiatos I had in Seoul (so far) were all freaking awesome!! :3 

I was eating and whatsapp-ing my sister, when she told me that Cafe Greenwich is actually really near to the Rilakkuma Cafe. It was already 2pm when I finished my food, and my appointment with The Red Carpet was at 3pm, but I still went to the Rilakkuma Cafe to get a rilakkuma before I went to get my hair done, oops.

DIRECTIONS TO 카피카피룸룸 카페(Capi Capi Loom Loom Cafe) aka Rilakkuma Cafe!!
From wherever you are, take the subway to Sungshin Women's Uni (LINE 4), and get out from Exit 1. 



You should see something like this! 


Walk straight and turn right here (before KB국민은행).

Keep walking straight.


If you see KFC, you are on the right track! Keep walking straight until you reach an intersection where you see Smoothie King!


On your right, it should be Cafe Greenwich, and on your left you should see Smoothie King. Cross the road and turn left(like right in front of Smoothie King) and walk along.


You should see Mr Pizza too. Walk further down and you will find 카피카피룸룸!


Entrance of Capi Capi Loom Loom!

I was in a rush so I didn't order anything or took any pictures. But I will be back there again, so pictures next time!

After buying my rilakkuma, I rushed to The Red Carpet. Was an hour late for my appointment T_T Anyway, I was in such a rush that I forgot to take any photos.

When you get in, they will keep your bags in a locker on the 1st floor, and pass you the key. You will be led to the 2nd floor, where you wait for your stylist to approach you. My stylist was 진이(Jin Yi). Very cute lady!! She couldn't speak much English, and I couldn't speak much Korean, but she was really patient with me. I also had a trainee/assistant doing my hair with her. 



Steaming(?) my hair. They kept asking if I wanted more water/magazines, and if I was comfortable. Wouldn't say how much I spent, but the lady at the reception quoted me at least 220,000won (to dye) for my hair length. 


End result. (unflattering angle. made me look preggerz T_T) 

Don't have the directions to the salon, but here's the address:

ADDRESS TO 강호의 레드카펫(KANG HO RED CARPET)
서울시 강남구 청담동 94-9. 135-517
94-9 CHEONGDAM-DONG, GANGNAM-GU SEOUL
www.theredcarpet.co.kr

I'd advice taking a cab, but if you would like to try finding it on your own, it's quite near SM Town/Apgujeong's Galleria!

I was uber late to pick my luggage back at 2nville, and only managed to reach SNU's dorm at like..... 11pm cos of the traffic jams. Thank god the dorm manager waited for me!! 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the detailed post! How did you make an appointment for the hair salon?? I tried calling their phone number but couldn't get through.

    Hope to hear from you soon =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, you are welcome!

      I actually made two trips to the hair salon. On the first day I went, they closed the entire salon because a Korean celebrity was there. So I made an appointment on the spot for the next day.
      A few foreigners left a message on the website to book their appointments. I'm not sure if it works but maybe you can try that. Or I'd say just go to the salon without an appointment.

      Hope this helps! And I hope you'll have an enjoyable experience there :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am planning to go Korea and have a hair cut there in the mid-year of 2014. May I know what's the exact price you paid for the whole package because I wanted to get a hair cut and colour as well.
    *You can tell me about it by sending to my email if you wish not to publish the figure here. Please please reply me TuT Much thanks and appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! :)
      I can't remember the exact price anymore, but it's around SGD400-500. I bleached my hair (twice) and touched up the roots; didn't get a haircut.

      Delete
  3. Hello! I'm thinking about going to this hair salon when I go to visit Seoul. Do you think the price was worth it? Did they do everything you wanted or asked for?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie!
      I think it was a little pricey, considering the fact that I didn't dye all of my hair. But the stylists were patient, and the service was pretty good! Though I've recently heard that Juno Hair (they have outlets all around Seoul) is pretty good and they charge lower price. You may want to check it out too :)

      Delete